Banca March was founded by Majorcan businessman Juan March Ordinas and opened for business on 1st April 1926. The first branch was opened in central Palma in Calle San Miguel, number 11, in a building which stands out for its great architectural beauty. Today, this building not only houses this branch but also the Museo de Arte Español Contemporáneo, which is under the management of the Fundación Juan March . In 1927 the branches in Llucmajor, Inca and Felanitx were opened, and in 1928 Manacor followed. In this way, after only two years, Banca March had a presence in some of the most important towns of Majorca for their business and industrial activity.